[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu 14.04 LTS DVDs now available for California events.

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 30 02:10:56 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

As mentioned back in March we've requested the team's allotment of disks
and (300 x 64-bit Desktop DVDs, 100 x 64-bit Server DVDs) and they have
arrived!  I'm taking care of distribution again for Southern California
and Elizabeth is handling it for Northern California.

If you would like some disks, please contact both of us
(nhaines at ubuntu.com and lyz at ubuntu.com) with your name, address and
purpose for request.  (Need some for your school or library? Handing out
at a small event?)  Depending on where you are one of us will ship you
the disks.

If you are in the same area as someone else in the team who needs disks
please try to request them together as Elizabeth and I are paying for
these shipping costs out of pocket and it's cheaper to send larger
packages than several small ones.

This is the only shipment the team gets per cycle, so please don't waste
these disks and request only a limited number to suit your needs!
Follow these tips to help stretch our supply:

1. At tech events, inform (maybe hand out cards with instructions?)
users that they can download and burn an ISO:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

2. Burn ISOs as they wait! Bring along some blank disks and a system
that can burn a disk at the event and give them a fresh copy

3. For handing out at other events, use the pressed disks as display
copies and use our CD sleeves for burned copies:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CDSleeves

4. For installs and demos at events, try using a USB stick

NOTE: For larger conferences please contact Elizabeth with details so we
can request an https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAtConferences conference
pack plus disks AT LEAST 6 weeks prior to the event.

We have added this information to the bottom of
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/TrustyRelease#Disk_Distribution
so everyone will be able to keep track of the number of disks still
available.

Regards,
Nathan

--