[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubucon SCaLE10X: Speakers needed

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 31 23:03:09 UTC 2011

Ubucon returns to SCaLE for the third year in a row!

Thanks to the resounding success for two years running, Ubucon returns
to SCaLE[1] once again.  Ubucon will be held at SCaLE10X on Friday,
January 20th, 2012.  There is a need for speakers on beginner topics.

An Ubucon[2] is an organized event for Ubuntu users that's halfway
between an unconference and a convention.  The main focus is for Ubuntu
users to get together and meet others, share ideas, and improve their
skills.

We want to line up five speakers for this year's Ubucon.  We're looking
for presentations on topics that would be of interest to casual and
beginning users.  Details can be found at:

http://ubucon.org/scale/scale10x/

The deadline for submissions is Monday, December 12th, 2011.  We'll
notify selected speakers two weeks later, by Monday, December 26th, 2011.

In addition, we'll have a round of lightning talks at the end of the
day, so if you want to talk but can't do it for 45 minutes, or just want
to get a taste of sharing with others, you'll have an opportunity to
tell us all about something awesome.

[1] http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningAnUbucon

--