[Ubuntu-US-CA] 2011 Elections

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 25 04:23:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:58 PM, David Wonderly
<david.wonderly at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> It is that time of year again, this is where we all gather to elect new
> leaders for the Ubuntu California LoCo Team! [1]
>
> The roles and responsibilities of the Leaders can be found on our wiki page.
> [2]
>
> The way the election process will work is as follows. Nominations will be open
> from the receipt of the email till 1900 Pacific Time on 16 October, 2011.

Quick update since this date has obviously passed :)

We received three nominations for the three leadership positions:

Elizabeth Krumbach (pleia2) | San Francisco | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lyz
David Wonderly (DarkwingDuck) | San Diego |
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DavidWonderly
James Tatum (jtatum) | Santa Clara | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jtatum

See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership/2011

At our meeting on Sunday[0] I presented a proposal for handling this
that was received positively:

We would like to give folks an opportunity to express any concerns
they may have with these three folks and handle it accordingly, if no
one has problems then they get added when the old team expires on
October 27th.

As one of the current leaders and not running again Jack Deslippe will
be collecting any concern emails, so if you have objections related to
these candidates please email him at: jdeslip at gmail.com

Thanks everyone!

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/11October23

--