[Ubuntu-US-CA] Oneiric 11.10 CDs have arrived!

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 19 22:11:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As mentioned here[0] I requested the team's allotment of CDs and they
have arrived! I'm taking care of distribution again this time around,
I'll be able to start shipping them out in the next few days.

If you would like some CDs, please contact me at lyz at ubuntu.com with
your name, address and purpose for request (Need some for your school
or library? Handing out at a small event?).

If you are in the same area as someone else in the team who needs CDs
please try to request them together as I'm paying for these shipping
costs out of pocket and it's cheaper to send larger packages than
several small ones.

This is the only shipment the team gets per cycle, so please don't
waste these CDs and request only a limited number to suit your needs!
Follow these tips to help stretch our supply:

1. At tech events, inform (maybe hand out cards with instructions?)
users that they can download and burn an ISO:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

2. Burn ISOs as they wait! Bring along some blank CDs and a system
that can burn a CD at the event and give them a fresh copy

3. For handing out at other events, use the pressed CDs as display
copies and use our CD sleeves for burned copies:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CDSleeves

4. For installs and demos at events, try using a USB stick

NOTE: For larger conferences please contact me with details so we can
request an https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAtConferences conference pack
plus CDs AT LEAST 6 weeks prior to the event

I have added this information to the bottom of
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/OneiricRelease so
everyone will be able to keep track of the number of CDs still
available.

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2011-September/001814.html

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2