[Ubuntu-US-CA] Installfest @ Noisebridge on May 30

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri May 21 02:01:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've already forwarded this to the Berkeley LUG mail list and will be
> forwarding to other local lists as well.  There are numerous groups
> that might be interested in participating or who's members might be
> interested in some hands on help.

You rock, thanks Grant! I've found that stressing that it's not only
an installfest but also a troubleshooting session helps draw people
in. Have an Ubuntu system that's installed but misbehaving? Bring that
along too!

> Thank you for specifying a start
> time of around 11:00.

Should volunteers arrive any earlier than 11? What kind of equipment
will need to be set up? Is there anything else you need anyone to
bring?

I'll be able to be there all day.

> Maybe some http://dutycycle.org/ folks can help out with some
> promotion or at least some recorded music to keep the tradition going
> from the last few releases.  If we have some music files we might be
> able to put together a package hosted on launchpad.net that people can
> apt-get install.  I know how to make this happen.

This sounds great!

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com