[Ubuntu-US-CA] Installfest @ Noisebridge on May 30

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri May 21 02:41:42 UTC 2010

hi,

Al Stoll, a lawyer that I am working with, recently visited the Creative
Arts Charter School in San Francisco, where we have a Ubuntu network and a
bunch of Ubuntu stand-alone clients that one of the teachers is using to
edit video.  Al was really impressed with the contributions that FOSS is
making to the school, and he wants to support FOSS.  Al is still really very
much a newbie in the community, and he knows that I am active in the FOSS
community, and so he is asking me for ideas about how he could support
things like installfests, such as maybe by buying pizza and maybe giving out
liveCDs.  So if it is okay with you folks, maybe we could help out a little
bit with burning liveCDs and maybe pizza for the May 30 installfest?  I have
not specifically asked Al about this actual event, because I am just reading
this thread now for the first time.  I will run it by him, and see if he
would like to help out.

I am assuming that it would be helpful to get pizza for this installfest,
right?  And I am assuming that if we were to provide you with some liveCDs
with Lucid, that would be helpful?  Could we put Al's logo and contact info
onto the CDs and the sleeves?  I am sort of trying to bring together my life
as a lawyer and my life as a FOSS advocate.  I am going to be installing
Lucid on one of Al's old notebook computers for his family to experiment
with.  Al is currently Windows dependent, as are 99% of trial lawyers, but
he is interested in experimenting with GNU-Linux.

Grant, do you have a link to the sleeves that you print out for Ubuntu?  If
this works out, maybe we can provide you with liveCDs so that you don't have
to spend money on the CDs and the sleeves etc, if we could put Al's logo and
contact info on it.

Thanks either way for considering my request!