[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Global Jam at Chapman! Let us know what you want to work on!

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 20 19:26:10 UTC 2010

Hello, everyone!

We're going to hold an Ubuntu Global Jam[1] event at Chapman
University[2] in Orange County next week.  So I'd like to hear what
topics everyone would like to work on if they attend.

There are a lot of ways you can help, such as bug triaging, package and
upgrade testing, improving documentation, working on language
translations.  You don't need to be a programmer and you don't need to
have any prior experience because we'll teach you everything you need to
know and everyone will help each other throughout the day.  This is a
perfect chance to learn how to contribute to Ubuntu or your favorite
project.

We've done this before and it works out pretty well.  We show up after
lunch around 2pm, and start jamming.  We break for dinner around 5 or 6,
then we come back for another hour or two.

So let us know if you're interested in contributing in a specific
manner, and we'll make sure we're prepared to help you out during the
Jam.  Of course, everyone's free to work on anything they like, so if
you already have a favorite way to contribute to Ubuntu, feel free to
come along and enjoy the company.

Be sure to check our wiki[3] for more information about Global Jam
events across California.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
[2] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/56/detail/
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/LucidGlobalJam