[Ubuntu-US-CA] Asking For Opinion: Leadership Appointment Process

Aaditya Bhatia aaditya at dragonsblaze.com
Wed Mar 10 00:24:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I just want to clarify my original question as there was a little
> confusion reported to me earlier: I am asking whether you feel that the
> leadership process is required at all. If you feel the team would
> benefit from having that process in place, vote with +1, if you feel
> that the team is running just fine without it, vote -1.

My vote: -1

We do need a leadership process. I'm not voting against having one,
but like most of the -1 votes here, I can't completely agree with the
current proposal. We need a more elaborate decision-making process;
one that'd be more than just a way of electing a "dictator" to make
all the decisions for next one year. To avoid re-typing what's already
been said, I mostly agree with DarkwingDuck, jdeslip and rww.

Also, why wait for another year? The change has been long awaited.

--
Aaditya
http://www.dragonsblaze.com/