[Ubuntu-US-CA] Configuring Ubuntu 10.10 on Mac G3

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:10:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Terry Hollowell <hollowtd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I hope it's OK to send out an E-mail but I wasn't sure of the guidelines or
> rules about this so sorry if there is another more formal way to approach
> the group with questions. First off, I'd like to know if there will be any
> group meetings (like the ones I've seen held at coffee houses for help)
> coming up soon? (In San Francisco area)

If you are in San Francisco, there are lots of ways that you can get help.
 First, there is SF-LUG.com, which meets 6x per month.  Details on the
meetings are as can be found here:

http://sf-lug.com/

There will be a meeting this Sunday at Cafe Enchante as described on that
page.

I would recommend that you plan on attending the Linux discussion group this
Wednesday at Noisebridge.  Noisebridge is a group of technologists who
support each other in a wide variety of projects.  There is almost always
someone there who is proficient in using Linux.  Here is the link to the
Noisebridge page:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge

and here is the specific link to the meeting for Linux at Noisebridge:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/LinuxDiscussion

Those meetings are not specific to Ubuntu, but there are almost always
highly skilled Ubuntu users who show up at the Noisebridge meetings.

You can also have questions answered on the SF-LUG.com list, if you are not
able to get your Ubuntu questions answered here on this list.  The
SF-LUG.com list is a little bit more active than this list.