[Ubuntu-US-CA] Announcement: New website

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 21 00:16:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Mark Garrow <markgarrow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  It looks good.  One question/suggestion.... most links at the top
> open a new location by replacing the current location.  Would it make more
> sense to have those links open in a new window?

If you look at ubuntu.com and wiki.ubuntu.com they do not follow a
policy of opening new links in a new window even when the domain
changes so we're seeking to be consistent with these resources.

And personally I'm also not a fan of using _blank to open pages in new
windows without permission from the user.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com