[Ubuntu-US-CA] Party in San Francisco! Sat, Sept 26th at 8:00pm

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 27 15:47:01 UTC 2009

Good morning!  I had a great time at the meet-up [1] last night at the
Thirsty Bear.  It was great to meet you, Lyz.  I hope all the other
attendees had a good time too.  Trip reports are encouraged.  Thank
you Mark for taking those pictures near the end.  I would appreciate
it if you would post a link to the list when you get the pictures
uploaded.

I hope other people in other parts of California might be inspired to
pick a restaurant and host more informal meet-ups like this one.  Even
if there are not many other LoCo team members in your immediate
vicinity, just choosing a date, time & location might encourage people
(like myself) to consider taking a road trip to visit you.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoFAQ
My country is too big to have single meet-ups. What do I do?

We recommend that you encourage localised groups to meet up. So, as an
example, in the UK LoCo team, there are proposed meet-ups in the West
Midlands, Northwest, South etc. This allows local Ubuntu users to meet
together. We always recommend that these local teams are part of the
country or state wide LoCo team. So, in the example of the UK local
groups, they are all part of ubuntu-uk. More details on this are in
the LoCoTeamHowto.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto
Regional Meetings

In the vast majority of countries the country is geographically too
large for there to be a single meeting that everyone can attend. With
this in mind, we really recommend that regional meetings are
organised. These regional sub-groups are organised so that it is
geographically easier for people to attend the meetings. These
sub-groups can also advocate Ubuntu to people in that specific area.

Importantly, all regional groups should be a part of the bigger Loco
team. So as an example, the Northwest regional team in the UK team
should be part of ubuntu-uk. As such, everyone is in the same larger
LoCo team (e.g. ubuntu-uk) but certain groups of members are in
regional sub-groups.

It is recommended that you have a 'Meetings' page on your wiki pages
in which members can create regional meeting pages with details of
where and when people will meet.