[Ubuntu-US-CA] Open-source uptake on the rise

Neill Lehr neillehrjr at cox.net
Wed Apr 29 07:13:02 UTC 2009

Hello all you California Ubuntu folks,

	I signed up on this list in hopes to figure out where to go for
questions/solutions with Ubuntu, I live in So. Cal. And have ver. 8.10
64bit.
I am probably not in the right place for questions and answers of a
technical nature based on what I have been reading also I am really new to
Ubuntu.
I like what I see and functionality is very good so far, I keep thinking I
am going to email from my Ubuntu machine but I setup my main email account
there and always see your posts when I am on my work, Win XP Pro 32bit
machine. My questions are ranging from installing Crossfire which the nice
people at codeweavers will probably help me with and I am not sure I really
want to play Windows games on there anyway.  I installed peer guardian and
now can't find it I also have tor button don't know how or when to use it,
so you see I am good at boxing myself into corners I don't yet know how to
get out of.

So I need help being told where to go  ...  well you know suggestions   and
I really do like how clean and quick Ubuntu is it starts and it's ready to
go not like Windows that starts and it's busy for minutes doing something
for somebody while I wait :-)

Neill Lehr

Thank you for your patience and kindness.