[ubuntu-arizona] AZloco Weekly meeting 11/17/2013

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Nov 18 06:11:13 UTC 2013

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1<toddc>
+1<adrenaline_> +1<TuxMann> +1<wmack> +1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Star Date
91465.39<toddc> Team wiki site
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam<toddc> Team Website is
http://azloco.org/<adrenaline_> ncc-1701<toddc> Team membership
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445980<toddc>
free to make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc>
some of us are in https://azlocobbb.banditti.com if you want to see us
or talk to us<toddc> NCC-1704D get it correct!!<toddc> Anybody here
that is new tonight?<toddc> Please introduce yourself and tell us a
bit about your-self<Dazed_75> NCC-1701D<toddc> Hi I am
NCC-1704D?<adrenaline_> I am only on episode 3<toddc> lets start with
the news!!<Dazed_75> LOL<toddc> I have watched them all<toddc> UBUNTU
NEWS<toddc> over to Dazed_75 for the news!<Dazed_75>
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/170842-cybercrime-evolved-cryptolocker-virus-gets-user-friendly-with-brilliantly-twisted-update
so preach BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP<Dazed_75> not Linux per se, but you
all deal with Windows folks<Dazed_75>
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-standing-desks/<gnewbie>
+1<Dazed_75> http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/11/the-daunting-challenge-of-secure-e-mail.html<toddc>
welcome gnewbie<Dazed_75>
http://www.techhive.com/article/2055502/why-your-internet-service-provider-wants-to-nix-all-you-can-eat-data-buffets.html<rudgan>
I can see you guys can you see me<Dazed_75>
http://www.technologyreview.com/video/413186/how-tor-works/<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/175526/hashing-algorithms-and-security/<Dazed_75>
http://blog.backblaze.com/2013/11/12/how-long-do-disk-drives-last/<Dazed_75>
http://betanews.com/2013/11/12/linux-format-employees-jump-ship-to-form-new-magazine/<Dazed_75>
http://betanews.com/2013/11/12/google-updates-gmail-with-google-drive-support-for-attachments/<Dazed_75>
http://ask.xmodulo.com/install-minimal-ubuntu-desktop.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/fight-good-fight-smokeping<Dazed_75>
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131106/01250225144/taiwanese-animators-take-patent-trolls-new-video.shtml<Dazed_75>
http://www.maketecheasier.com/everything-need-know-ssd-caching/<TuxMann>
rudgan: We can't see you currently in BBB<Dazed_75>
http://www.maketecheasier.com/go-programming-on-ubuntu/<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/11/cinnamon-20-no-longer-breaks-unity-in.html<Dazed_75>
http://mylinuxbook.com/xdu-display-the-output-of-du-command-in-an-x-window/<Dazed_75>
http://www.osnews.com/story/27416/The_second_operating_system_hiding_in_every_mobile_phone<Dazed_75>
http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/12/5082666/the-edge-of-the-abyss-exposing-the-nsas-all-seeing-machine<Dazed_75>
http://betanews.com/2013/11/13/google-chromebook-11-no-longer-on-sale-after-charger-overheating-problems/<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/open-stack-adoption-fun-facts-surprises<Dazed_75>
http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog/linux/ubuntu/2013_1113_aaron_toponce_says_goodbye_ubuntu<Dazed_75>
AMD wants Mantle on Linux, OS X, Mobile Devices<Dazed_75>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTUxMzY<Dazed_75>
Centrych 12.04.02 is Ubuntu LTS based but with newer versions of
applications<Dazed_75>
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08151<Dazed_75>
http://www.centrych.org/<Dazed_75>
http://www.nextstep4it.com/categories/how-to/sshfs/<Dazed_75>
http://linuxblog.darkduck.com/2013/11/how-to-configure-keyboard-layouts-in-xfce-cinnamon-mate.html<rudgan>
Hey Mike are you on this ?<Dazed_75>
http://www.maketecheasier.com/using-wireshark-ubuntu/<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/11/ubuntu-tablet-will-key-focus-ubuntu-14-04-lts-cycle<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/11/possible-changes-in-ubuntu-1404-lts.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/PCLinuxOS-Makes-Desktop-Linux-Look-Good-79418.html<Dazed_75>
http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57612525-76/vlc-steps-into-next-gen-video-wars-with-vp9-hevc-support/<Dazed_75>
http://betanews.com/2013/11/14/dvdstyler-extends-slideshow-support/<Dazed_75>
http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/downloads    Linux Users Check if in your
repositories already<Dazed_75>
http://www.straight.com/blogra/530646/space-no-one-can-hear-you-scream-windows-xp-anymore<Dazed_75>
http://www.itworld.com/open-source/382809/best-linux-distro-privacy-protection<Dazed_75>
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/which-linux-distro-is-best-for-protecting-your-privacy--1192771<Dazed_75>
http://xmodulo.com/2013/11/create-desktop-shortcut-launcher-linux.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/14/technology/personaltech/homemade-wireless-networks-keep-the-snoops-away.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/175641/how-to-boot-and-install-linux-on-a-uefi-pc-with-secure-boot/<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/175649/what-you-need-to-know-about-using-uefi-instead-of-the-bios/<Dazed_75>
http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/news/bleachbit-10<Dazed_75>
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/15/sourceforge_responds_to_gimp_grump_with_crowdsourcing_caper/<Dazed_75>
http://www.itwire.com/business-it-news/open-source/62297-developers-deny-gnome-dependent-on-systemd<Dazed_75>
http://www.itworld.com/software/383015/install-tweak-tools-ubuntu-1310<Dazed_75>
http://www.itworld.com/software/383017/install-synaptic-ubuntu-1310<Dazed_75>
Mint 16 Release Candidate available for download<Dazed_75>
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2477<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_petra_mate_whatsnew.php<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_petra_cinnamon_whatsnew.php<TuxMann>
rudgan: Can you hear us in BBB?<Dazed_75>
http://xmodulo.com/2013/11/draw-flowchart-diagram-linux.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-flash-player-crashes-issue-in-chrome/<rudgan>
nope<Dazed_75> That's it from AJ - I hope everyone saw SOMETHING
useful to them<toddc> Thank you Dazed_75 lots of good information in
there!<toddc> Project: Community Computers<toddc>
http://www.projectcc.org/<toddc> Rikomagic MK802 IV LE with Ubuntu now
shipping<toddc>
http://liliputing.com/2013/10/rikomagic-mk802-iv-le-ubuntu-now-shipping-80.html<gnewbie>
Thanks for the news Dazed_75!!<toddc> TEAM NEWS<Dazed_75> You are
welcome :)<toddc> We have canceled the following meetings and events
due to holidays or ??<toddc> Tempe Ubuntu Hour Nov 28 canceled due to
Thanksgiving<toddc> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI<toddc>
December Tempe Ubuntu hour falls on December 26 the day after
Christmas and I may be still sleeping off the 25th.<toddc> JOB
list<toddc> Splunk Consultant traveling up to 80% IT operations
and<toddc> Vmware background.<toddc> send resumes to
lori.eddlemon at effect-tech.com<toddc> LimeLight in Tempe is looking for
a MySQL DBA remote is OK<toddc> Contact xHans for more info<toddc>
Logos Operations Developer Logos Bible Software<toddc>
devjobs at logos.com<toddc> jobs.schwab.com, search for Unix, choose
associate - Unix system administrator, here in Phoenix.<toddc> HIRING
System Sage (Level IV Tech) (Las Vegas)<toddc>
http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/BDyRyvR/nwPTwPa<toddc>
Level III Field Engineer / Systems Engineer (Tempe)<toddc>
http://www.greenloopsolutions.com/contact/<toddc> Runs LINUX<toddc>
Live From SUSECon: Brazilian Credit Union Saves Millions With Linux on
System z<toddc>
http://www.linux.com/news/hardware/servers/748502-live-from-susecon-sicoob-saves-millions-with-linux-on-system-z/<toddc>
Linux App of the week<toddc> smokeping<toddc>
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/<toddc> TEMPE INSTALL-FEST<toddc> The
next Azloco/plug installfest is Saturday December 7 at UAT 2625 W
Baseline Rd 85283 Tempe across from Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4PM Room
245 48st and Baseline Rd enter from the rear of the front
building.<toddc> For more information see calender at
http://www.azloco.org/?q=node/28<toddc> We will also be streaming all
events on http://azlocobbb.banditti.com/<toddc> If you have time or
want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show up.<TuxMann>
We're in the process of reserving the room for Dec. 7th at PVCC. We'll
have more information later this week.<toddc> For more information see
calender at http://www.azloco.org/?q=node/28<toddc> Paradise Valley
Community College 18401 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85032,
USA<toddc> TEMPE UBUNTU HOUR<toddc> the November Ubuntu hour is
canceled due to thanksgiving the next Tempe Ubuntu hour is<toddc>
Thursday December 26 is the next Ubuntu Hour at Extreme Bean in Tempe
southern and McClintock<toddc> http://xtremebeancoffee.com<toddc> this
a 1-2 hour social hour to meet new/old users and chat about linux and
open source. Stop by and say hi!!<toddc> WEST SIDE UBUNTU HOUR<toddc>
Wednesday December 4th  7pm – 9pm<toddc> Starbucks Coffee 13472 West
Bell Road, Surprise, AZ 85374, USA , Arizona<toddc> If you are
interested in Linux Ubuntu or open source Stop by and say hi to some
other users and find out who what and where and how. to install use
and promote Linux and open source.<toddc> There were 8-9 people at
November's event this has started out as a great event.<toddc> UBUNTU
http://ubuntuonair.com/calendar/<toddc> Weekly Ubuntu Webcast Tuesday
with Jono Bacon 11:00 AM<toddc> Jono Bacon Q&A every Wednesday 12:00
Noon<toddc> Juju Charm School: Chef/Puppet Integration Wednesday 9-11
AM<toddc> FUTURE EVENTS<toddc> Any thoughts on other events or
projects???<toddc> xhans are you here? and would you like to do the
Plug news?<xHans> certainly, danke<xHans> Thursday's SaltStack
presentation for PLUG was moved back, probably February<xHans>
December will be the annual end of year party<xHans> January will be
MongoDB and a desktop security presentation<xHans> Free Software
Stammtisch this Tuesday @ 19:00<xHans>
http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley<xHans>
Iguana Macks 1371 N. Alma School Rd Chandler, AZ 85224<xHans> the dev
group is going to start meeting again as well, I believe there is a
meeting scheduled for December, but didn't write down the
details<xHans> and that's it for now<adrenaline_> Keep us posted on
the Dev group. I am interested if it happens<toddc> that is all I have
any questions or comments or other news or ideas?<xHans> adrenaline:
will do<Dazed_75> Dev Group meeting is 12/5 at 7PM at UAT.  They will
be going over the Cheese code<adrenaline_> Thank you<rudgan>
Thanks<toddc> Thanks for coming tonight. I will be here a while if
anyone needs help or has a question* [R] (~rbox at unaffiliated/rbox) has
joined #Ubuntu-US-AZ<xHans> Dazed_75: danke<Dazed_75> xHans:
bitte<rudgan> I just installed camorama...<adrenaline_> Toddc do you
have

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
4605 S PRIEST DR LOT 3