[ubuntu-arizona] New Server Tonight 01-27-09

Kenny McHenry kennymcaz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:33:10 GMT 2009

Just FYI on the server install. Ran into some trouble configuring the server
since I'm what most people would refer to as a n00b when it comes to setting
up servers. So that means the old server is still running and nothing has
changed. New server is in the data center, and is just waiting to get setup.
Mr. Lofgren is planning on setting up a time when he can come down to setup
the new server. So the new server will be up when he is able to make a trip
down here.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Shane Lofgren <slofgren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu AZ,
> The new server is scheduled to be installed at 7pm tonight.  The plan is to
> drop the new server (not configured) in the current servers place.  The
> current server will be wiped out and have 8.04 LTS installed on it.  I have
> the web pages backed up.  If you have personal docs on the server you need
> to back them up.  This is very short notice but we are working with an
> outside contact to schedule this event.  It will take a few days to have
> everything back up and running.  We will need to resetup our web pages and
> IRC stats.  If you have questions please let me know or jump into IRC.
>
> To have a shell account you will need to request one in IRC to slofgren or
> johnc4510.  We will only issue an acount to those that are participating in
> the group and have proven to be honest and reliable.  There is not a time
> frame of participation but it is at our discretion. We don't want an
> incident to occur negativily on our resources.
>

> -Shane Lofgren

Kenny McHenry