[ubuntu-arizona] Fwd: New Server Wednesday 02-04-09 5:00pm

Kenny McHenry kennymcaz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:07:42 GMT 2009

Mr. Lofgren and I (mostly him) got the new server up and running today. He
says that he is going to try to get everything set up as soon as possible,
but it may take about a week until everything is setup on the new server. We
attempted to do a fresh install on the old server, but the CD drive in it
was not cooperating. Till we find a time and way to get around that the old
server is just going to sit there. He should be back home before too much
longer to give any additional information that I either neglected or forgot
about. Any questions about the server should be directed to him (he's the
expert) :)

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Shane Lofgren <slofgren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets try this again!
>

> Ubuntu AZ,
> The new server is scheduled to be installed at 5pm on Wednesday.  The plan
> is to drop the new server (not configured) in the current servers place.
> The current server will be wiped out and have 8.04 LTS installed on it.  I
> have the web pages backed up.  If you have personal docs on the server you
> need to back them up.  This is very short notice but we are working with an
> outside contact to schedule this event.  It will take a few days to have
> everything back up and running.  We will need to resetup our web pages and
> IRC stats.  If you have questions please let me know or jump into IRC.
>
> To have a shell account you will need to request one in IRC to slofgren or
> johnc4510.  We will only issue an account to those that are participating in
> the group and have proven to be honest and reliable.  There is not a time
> frame of participation but it is at our discretion. We don't want an
> incident to occur negatively on our resources.
>
> -Shane Lofgren

Kenny McHenry