[LoCo-US-AL] IRC Meeting - Thursday 9/25 at 9:30pm

Jonathan Traylor jtraylor+ubuntu-us-al at networkinglinux.net
Tue Sep 23 06:57:58 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:41:05PM -0500, Michael Ramm wrote:
> I would like to start getting the LoCo back into shape and working towards
> approved status. Jonathan Traylor has recently moved from Georgia to
> Gadsden, Alabama, and was very involved in the GA LoCo.

"Involved" may be an overstatement, although I was present and mostly
conscious in a relatively small mind, before and after Georgia's LoCo
approval. :)

> I am hoping that he will bring some fresh ideas to our LoCo, as well as
> some experience. He has been working on the wiki pages with me the last
> couple of weeks.

Everyone interested in Ubuntu and helping guide it's future should feel
encouraged to register with Canonical's launchpad at
https://login.launchpad.net/+login - You can gain access to wiki options
this way and subscribe to changes for our state's team wiki page -
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam - After creating a subscription, you
will be notified when information is added (News about our LoCo, news
about Ubuntu, local/regional/national events involving Ubuntu, etc) or
removed (Information archival, and so on). As team activity grows, the
expectations are that more frequent wiki updates will occur, so it would
be encouraged to get involved now and find out what you can bring, or
bring what you already know possible, to the group and to Ubuntu.

> Please try to be there on Thursday night. I will be a little late, as
> we have a 7:30pm baseball game that night. Please visit the Meetings
> wiki page [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam/Meetings] to sign up for
> any items that you would like seen discussed.

Check ... Let's get some ideas out of interested minds and onto this
week's "Meeting Topics/Agenda" [1] for discussion at the upcoming meeting
on Thursday, 9/25 @ 9:30PM Central Time.

> I hope that we can kickstart our LoCo and get approved as an Official LoCo
> very soon.

Same here. Let's move forward by addressing any existing and oustanding
ideas; bringing new ideas into view; and support to the solid future
Ubuntu has in technology's course, something we and other humans chose to
use, but were not forced to use.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam/Meetings

Thanks for your time,

--