No subject

Thu Oct 18 14:49:24 BST 2007

about the corporate world because they're going to use what they think is
best (read: easiest) for them, more reliable and finally secure. All this
and the fact that we as a user group aren't really going to have much
influence over what ATT&T uses. That's a reality check. I mean face it, at
this point with Ubuntu's new releases scheduled pretty much every year to
two years, what corporation in their right mind would leave one that pretty
much doesn't change much and it's users can grasp pretty easily?

Now, Personal use is yet another animal in it's own right. We have the
opportunity to influence personal use. The question remains as to how. With
the holidays coming up there is an abundance of opportunities for Ubuntu to
get out there in the mainstream. Booths, tables set up at malls,
get-togethers, student meetings of all kinds, etc. The possibilities are
endless and with the holidays coming up real soon....we have a potential
bonanza waiting on us.

These are my thoughts at this point. What are yours?

Scott

------=_Part_9632_11202385.1193927776853

I don't know anything about Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or many of the
others. I've heard about them of course but that's as far as it goes.
Maybe it&#39;s because I might be the oldest in this group, dunno.<br>
As we try to envision the process of getting Ubuntu more exposure, the
thoughts might want to turn towards just what avenue to take to get it
there. Yes, a link/logo on someone&#39;s Facebook page will do for starters
but what next?<br>

------=_Part_9632_11202385.1193927776853--