[ubuntu-uk] Strange problem with Firefox in 15.04 and later ...

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:27:12 UTC 2016

That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the scripts
that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, your own
computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you have anything
running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a HTTP request in a web
browser.

On 26 February 2016 at 19:45, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On 26/02/16 18:21, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>
>> It looks like there should be something listening on port 59234, which
>> you should be able to identify from sudo netstat -nlp. My guess is that
>> it's an ssh tunnel if the application is bash based. It may not have been
>> shut down previously or there might be something else on that port.
>>
> Hi Simon ....  Thanks.  I tried that - there is nothing listening on that
> port.  I also tried 127.0.0.1 in the browser with no port following.  The
> result is the same 'unable to connect'.  But the URL pings OK - so I'm
> really mystified.
>
> Regards,        Barry.
> <http://127.0.0.1:59234>
>

> --