[ubuntu-uk] Strange problem with Firefox in 15.04 and later ...

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Fri Feb 26 20:37:51 UTC 2016

On 26/02/16 20:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the
> scripts that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost,
> your own computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you
> have anything running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a
> HTTP request in a web
Hi Simon ....  I didn't know that.  Looks like I have a few more scripts
to look through.  There are a fair few of them.  I might fire up 14.04
again tomorrow and see what's happening on port 59234.  It will be great
if I can solve it.  None of the guys at Symform know a lot about Ubuntu,
so I'm working very much in the dark here - without your help, I don't
think I'd have known where to look next any more than the Symform folk.

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/