[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Phone questions

ubuntu at loki.33mail.com ubuntu at loki.33mail.com
Sat May 16 19:42:25 UTC 2015

Hi Gordon,

To be perfectly honest, if you are looking for a great fully developed
reliable phone, Ubuntu is not quite there yet unfortunately :/

The things that I personally find annoying is that it takes 4 seconds
for contacts to load and than when I choose person to call - another 3
seconds for the phone app to load. It doesn't seem  a lot, but it is
long enough for you to notice that you are waiting for your phone. Also
volume levels do not adapt when headset is plugged in.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions except for camera -
definitely worse than Nokia (in spite of much higher resolution).
I am a bit confused about the storage - website says 8GB, my phone
settings says 6.8GB, 2,5 used by the OS, and I think I have an internal
storage of 2GB in, not sure if it is included here or no...

All being said I can see this phone really has a potential, I really
like how certain features are and I am not coming back to Android
(definitely not to Windows). I believe that the more programmers will
have this phone the faster it will develop and I am willing to wait.

If you need a reliable phone, with all functions you know and need - I
would stay with Android for now, but as far as I understand you can load
Ubuntu on some of the devices - just for trial run...