[ubuntu-uk] Problem with wine ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Jan 27 13:47:29 UTC 2015

On 27/01/15 12:42, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
> you mentioned earlier in the thread that you successfully ran the
> installation on an copy of mint using the same ubuntu packages. Was
> that possibly using a different .wine directory? Have you tried
> against an entirely virgin .wine directory

Tried everything you suggest.  Colin was spot on with his duplicate.
I'd tried looking for it but hadn't tried what he had tried.  The
duplicate seems to assume the problem exists in wine. Mint, from scratch
in a fresh installation which I did yesterday uses the identical Ubuntu
packages from the Ubuntu repos.  This is using 'sudo apt-get install
wine' in the Mint commandline.  Same packages, identical directory
structure - but one works, the other doesn't.

Thanks Colin.  I've posted to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.6/+bug/1383214 giving a
bit of the story and putting in a link to #1414995

Kind regards,        Barry.