[ubuntu-uk] Icons go missing ...

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:26:00 UTC 2015

On 12 January 2015 at 10:32, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi there ....  I'm running 15.04 testing 64bit, on a desktop pc. For
month or two now, the Unity launcher bar loses icons after (usually) the
second launch of a particular program during a session.  Firefox and
Thunderbird are two such icons.  In each case, the specified icon is
replaced by a grey square with a question mark. After re-boot, all icons
are restored.  I'd like to file a bug report, but I don't know whether this
is a Unity bug, or something that is part of something Unity uses.

> Any thoughts?

Have you tested something like Plank to see if it's a desktop issue? It
sounds like something is losing state and it could either be the desktop or
the container.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"
 Hi there ....  I'm running 15.04 testing 64bit, on a desktop pc. For
month or two now, the Unity launcher bar loses icons after (usually) the
second launch of a particular program during a session.  Firefox and
Thunderbird are two such icons.  In each case, the specified icon is
replaced by a grey square with a question mark. After re-boot, all icons
are restored.  I'd like to file a bug report, but I don't know whether this
is a Unity bug, or something that is part of something Unity uses.

Any thoughts?

Regards,        Barry.

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/