[ubuntu-uk] Reverse engineering data files

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun Nov 23 22:16:49 UTC 2014

On 23/11/14 18:21, Gareth France wrote:
> Remember pass may be represented by a single letter or number (0 fail,
> 1 pass etc). The date was 03-JUN-14.
> I010000022S121111111
> H172008021S121111111

I imagine the time and date is always 'NOW', as the results are intended
to be processed in real time.  I would also guess that some of the
numbers indicate the type of test in the form of a numeric code - like
error codes - but if the information is not available to cross
reference, it's going to take a long while to find out.  Maybe that's
why I got my daughter a rather old and very unsophisticated pat tester.
It doesn't involve software and has analogue meters. But it does the job!

When I ran a commercial heating maintenance firm, things were moving
towards very expensive, Windows only, software.  My workaround was
retirement!

Regards,        Barry.