[ubuntu-uk] execute command on startup ....

Daniel Llewellyn diddledan at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:49:09 UTC 2014

On 26 May 2014 18:33, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> <another troll> my original eeepc had edge scroll but my top end eeepc is
> 2 finger down the middle of the pad, so not just apples do it </another
> troll>

Indeed, it is becoming common because it's easier to tell when you have two
fingers on the pad than it is to tell that your finger is in just the right
place for scrolly-scroll.

Another problem with edge-based scrolling is your finger ceases to do what
you expect when you get into the scroll-zone but haven't left the pad -
e.g. dragging a folder and you drop it somewhere that you weren't
expecting; worse losing sight of it entirely because the window was in a
transient state just for the draggy-drag and now it's reverted and you have
no idea where you just put the folder you were manipulating.

--
Daniel Llewellyn