[ubuntu-uk] RAT This Saturday

Iain Cuthbertson iain.cuthbertson at idophp.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 12:40:38 UTC 2014

On 31/07/14 08:39, Alan Lord wrote:
> Who's on this list that is going?
>
> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-uk/2745-real-ale-train-2014/
>
> Wondering if we have a plan for a pre-meet anywhere before heading off?
>
> The Mulberry pub next to Farnham Station has some kind of festival thing
> on so we may need to either go to the Waverley Arms other side of the
> railway line, or into Farnham; maybe the William Cobbett?
>
> Trains from Farnham to Alton at 18:26 or 18:56. (the earlier one is
> preferable so we can then grab seating near to the beer carriage)
>
> The other day they had a few tickets for sale, but now the website says
> call for Availability so if anyone wants to come you *might* still be
> able to buy a ticket but will need to call The Watercress Line:
>
> http://www.watercressline.co.uk/product.php/10/real-ale-train-r-a-t
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

I'm going!

Staying at a hotel in Farnbrough and *fingers crossed* getting a lift in
to Farnham :)

Thanks for letting us know about the festival.

Shame that we won't be meeting there, they do lovely ribs and burgers.

As I'm not from the area, I'll leave it up to you locals to suggest a
new meeting point.

I agree that we should get the 18:26 from Farnham. Means we're more
likely to get good seats / carriage.

Cheers,
Iain