[ubuntu-uk] Computer restarts on shutdown

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:50:47 UTC 2014

On 17 February 2014 16:52, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It might be possible to change some ACPI settings in the BIOS to
>> circumvent this, or pass commands to the kernel in startup parameters,
>> but if you did it might adversely affect power management. I think
>> you're stuck with it, then. Sorry to have to say so.
>

> Yeah, i was wondering if someone on here might know what might be going on
> in the hibernate process (on lid close), that might interfere with the
> reboot sequence. I'd be happy to google any things that come to the minds of
> anybody on here.

I don't think you mentioned that you use hibernate, unless I missed it
(I am presuming you do mean hibernate rather than suspend).  Hibernate
is fraught with problems and I believe it comes under the category of
'if it works for you then fine, otherwise it is hard luck'.  Do you
only see the problem if you have hibernated at some point?

Colin