[ubuntu-uk] Computer restarts on shutdown

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:03:58 UTC 2014

> > Yeah, i was wondering if someone on here might know what might be going
> on
> > in the hibernate process (on lid close), that might interfere with the
> > reboot sequence. I'd be happy to google any things that come to the
> minds of
> > anybody on here.
>
> I don't think you mentioned that you use hibernate, unless I missed it
> (I am presuming you do mean hibernate rather than suspend).  Hibernate
> is fraught with problems and I believe it comes under the category of
> 'if it works for you then fine, otherwise it is hard luck'.  Do you
> only see the problem if you have hibernated at some point?

Sorry, i think i mean suspend, which is activated when i close the lid.

So, if at some point since booting the machine, i close the lid, then, when
i go to shutdown, the computer will restart. If i have not shut the lid,
and caused the machine to suspend, then the sutdown will work fine.

Apologies about the confusion and thanks for following up.