[ubuntu-uk] How old is your computer?

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 18:38:18 UTC 2014

On 6 December 2014 at 15:51, George Tripp <luggeorge at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
Changing an operating system doesn't invalidate a warranty. It can cause
helpdesks to panic but it doesn't affect physical issues, whatever they say.

Canonical have a certification programme here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/

but the standardisation of hardware means that there are very few laptop
and desktop components that will have issues these days. Another company to
consider is Taiwanese maker Clevo, which System 76 machines are based on
and are fully supported with their free driver package.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"