[ubuntu-uk] How old is your computer?

SuperEngineer boosys at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:47:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 15:51 +0000, George Tripp wrote:
> How old is the oldest computer that you have in regular use?

1/ Custom built [by myself, using a zoosteom shell] pooter as main
desktop - so not relevant [runs Ubuntu 14.04]but read on.......

2/ Dell Dimension E520 [+ added memory -total 4CB  & the world's oldest
video card - running UbuntuMATE - was reaching end of life until I
changed from Ubuntu to UbuntuMATE - now faster than ever.  Bought this
2nd hand. Cleaned it, added extra 2gb memory and a £20 video card. I
guess it's about 8 years old from manufacture .[also has a Windows XP
partition on it for when I'm feeling "patient"

3/ Compaq Mini 110 running Xubuntu - counted as dead by original user -
now put to full use as a work documents portable [ with the obligatory
add on of essential software... Steam plus low requirement games!]...
Sometimes you need that added distraction whilst twiddling thumbs on a
customer's site] :D ..don't know how old but I think it's approx 5 years
or more.  Bought it 2nd hand from a p'd off user who was running windows
on it & wondering why everything took so long to load!

4/ Acer Aspire One net book [ZC5] now running Lubuntu - specs? The specs
on it are so low it's easier say it has no spec :D

--
Bill B. [SuperEngineer]