[ubuntu-uk] Samsung might be getting rid of Android and using their own Linux based OS

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Fri Sep 13 16:06:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-13 13:39, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> On 12 Sep 2013 11:29, "Pete Smout" <smoutpete at gmail.com
>> I don't know anyone who buys their handset, they are bundled up with
> their service contract.
>
> Umm, me.

Aaaaand, me too.

Step 1: Buy handset for cash.

Step 2: Replace crappy default OS with CyanogenMod or whatever I like at
the time.

Why would I accept a device, at any price, that's crippled to work with one
network and loaded with crapware I can't delete?

Regards,
Tyler

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety ..."
   -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759