[ubuntu-uk] Packard Bell, what wonderful support!

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Thu May 9 18:32:05 UTC 2013

On 09/05/13 19:27, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> For updating a backup, rsync[1] may be of help. (I'm a tester so use
> zsync but I believe that is better tuned for us updating iso's as it
> has a separate link). Rsync is pretty much ideally suited for you
> need. It will only update files that need updating.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

I did look this up on google but didn't have the time to fully explore
it. My wonderful ftp server locks me out if I send too many requests it
doesn't like. I downloaded something from the software centre which
claimed to do the job, it didn't, it just got me locked out. So I wasn't
able to try anything else until my provider released my IP. I'll have to
give it another go when I get a decent connection and a day to myself.