[ubuntu-uk] No new mail notifications from Thunderbird in 13.04

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:29:12 UTC 2013

Yup, I have that installed by default, as you say. I was wrong about the
envelope icon in the Menu Bar not turning blue: I just saw it do so. I
have an impression it reverts to white after a short interval, even if
the email is not read. But anyway, it's only the horizontal bar across
the launcher icon which isn't working. And that is certainly the more
noticeable of the two. I've sometimes seen this happen after upgrades
before, because the link involved is obviously hard to integrate,
involving two completely different packages contributed by different
teams, Thunderbird and the Unity Desktop people.