[ubuntu-uk] Not everyone is an expert!

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Thu Aug 22 15:03:17 UTC 2013

On 22/08/13 15:59, Gareth France wrote:

> I am in a dead area for user groups and would like to start one up. I
> feel it would be a great help to have something physical where people
> can go for help, support and encouragement. However whenever I mention
> this and try to push for it I just get hit with a whole lot of
> negative comments and lethargy. Nobody seems willing to support the
> idea at all and I think it's a real shame. There seems to be a lot of
> laziness and 'let somebody else deal with it' attitude going on. I'm
> more than happy to set one up but it's not easy when you don't have
> any proof that anybody else will even turn up!
>
> We all need to remember at all times that when we talk on these
> forums, chat rooms, web pages that we are representing the brand
> (whichever floats your boat) and so should keep it positive,
> constructive and supportive at all times. If any of us feels the need
> to drag the tone down we really shouldn't be doing so in such a public
> way, keep it 1 on 1.

Gareth,

There is nothing to stop you organising it, sending a link out to date /
time of the meet up here if you so chose,  it's an Ubuntu mailing list
so I assume the meet up would be Ubuntu related of some kind, perhaps
you could add the event to the loco team portal.

Laura

--
Laura Czajkowski
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski