[ubuntu-uk] Not everyone is an expert!

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 21 20:23:34 UTC 2013

slide rules? I recall when sitting my maths 'O' level having to write out
the proof of the quadratic equation [1] as I could never remember it, but
knew how to 'make' it. I'm one of those who when I understand 'how' and
'why' something works, I can carry it to other areas instead of just "Does
not compute" which seems to afflict the recent schoolong, especially in
what was jokingly called "computer studies" :)

Regards,

Phill.
1. http://www.basic-mathematics.com/proof-of-the-quadratic-formula.html
P.S. Don't ask me to do it these days!