[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu one goes postal!

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Wed Nov 7 23:19:55 UTC 2012

On 07/11/12 22:04, Gareth France wrote:
> Ubuntu One is designed to sync multiple machines, right? So can someone
> please explain why when I added another machine it chose to delete all
> the files out of Ubuntu One rather than download them? In turn this has
> deleted said files of my main machine too, including my accounting!

I went to http://one.ubuntu.com and followed links to:-

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/how-can-i-recover-files-deleted-from-my-account/

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/contact/

Usually the workflow for U1 goes like this:-

Install machine 1, setup Ubuntu One, put files in Ubuntu One folder,
files sync to the cloud.
Install machine N, login to Ubuntu One, files sync down to that machine.

I've done this numerous times over many machines.

What exact process did you go through on the second machine?

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Engineering Manager