[ubuntu-uk] broadband problem

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:45:37 UTC 2012

On 15 May 2012 17:22, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
>> > I forget to mention that the connection from the routers to the PCs was
>> > by wireless. To add another bit of information the PC running Xubuntu
>> > was tried with a wired connection to the router and the BB speed was 8.2
>> > mbps.

> Kris - What do you mean by wireless device? If you are referring to  the
> router connected to the wireless BB the answer is no. If you are
> referring to the dual booted PC, which is a new machine, the wireless BB
> just works on the ancient Windows XP Pro so surely should just work on
> the latest edition of Xubuntu.

As you mention, you say you are connecting to the broadband from the
Xubuntu machine with a WiFi adapter, when you use a cable it works,
with the WiFi adapter it doesn't.

The assumption I am making is that it could be something to do with
the wireless adapter (USB dongle or PCI card or integrated unit). It
may well be installed fine in Windows X & Ubuntu, but not on Xubuntu.

--
Kris Douglas.
 www.krisd.eu