[ubuntu-uk] broadband problem

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Tue May 15 16:22:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 15:38 +0100, Kris Douglas wrote:
> On 15 May 2012 15:34, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> > I forget to mention that the connection from the routers to the PCs was
> > by wireless. To add another bit of information the PC running Xubuntu
> > was tried with a wired connection to the router and the BB speed was 8.2
> > mbps.
> >
> > Norman
>
> Is it an entirely different installation? It might be worth checking
> to see if you are required to install any drivers or firmware for your
> wireless device prior to using it.
>
> --
> Kris Douglas.
>  www.krisd.eu

Kris - What do you mean by wireless device? If you are referring to  the
router connected to the wireless BB the answer is no. If you are
referring to the dual booted PC, which is a new machine, the wireless BB
just works on the ancient Windows XP Pro so surely should just work on
the latest edition of Xubuntu.

Norman