[ubuntu-uk] broadband problem

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Tue May 15 14:08:41 UTC 2012

Where I live it is only possible to get BB speeds of between 1.0 mbps
and 1.5 mbps  so I am testing wireless broadband (TFL). There a number
of machines using the BB supply but not all at the same time. On my work
surface there are two working routers one connected to the wireless
supply and the other to normal wired supply. Here are some BB speed
results:-

PC running Ubuntu 11.04 with wireless supply speed = 8.5 mbps
PC running Xubuntu 12.04 no discernible BB signal
above PC with ordinary wired supply 1.3 mbps
above PC running Windows XP Pro wireless supply speed 8.5 mbps

Can anyone please explain why the machine running Xubuntu does not
respond to the BB supplied via wireless.

Norman