[ubuntu-uk] dual boot problem

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun May 13 15:55:20 UTC 2012

On 13/05/12 16:47, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I can understand and follow all that you say and, viewed
> theoretically, it is very good. Where I am at a complete loss is how
> to practically modify the partition containing Windows. I suppose I
> should read up on gparted before going any further. Norman

gparted is easy!  Fire it up and browse to the NTFS partition you want
to resize, and select it.  Click on the 'partition' menu and there is an
option to 'resize/move'.  The rest is easy, and I can honestly say it
hasn't let me down once ....  but then I've never had a power failure or
a computer hardware problem during the re-sizing - which takes quite a
while!  Occasionally, my wife manages to trip one or more mcb's when she
is getting stuff out of the pantry ....  there's no way around that.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/