[ubuntu-uk] dual boot problem

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sat May 12 17:16:20 UTC 2012

On 12/05/12 17:38, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I have a new PC with two HDDs and I am trying to install Windows and
> Ubuntu on one of the drives keeping the other for data and so on. In the
> past I have dual booted many machines without any difficulty but this is
> the first time I have tried with a machine with 2 drives and there are
> problems. Installing XP Pro puts the OS on the main drive as expected
> but Ubuntu wants to install on the second drive and not along side
> windows.

I have three HD's on mine and I have no problem telling Ubuntu exactly
where I want it.  There is an option in the installer to select
whichever drive you want it on.  I can't remember details without
booting into a DVD but if you can't find it, I'll do that for you.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/