[ubuntu-uk] Error report not working

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri May 4 20:17:20 UTC 2012

On 4 May 2012 20:18, scoundrel50a <scoundrel50a at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I had to do the reinstall, I keep getting crash reports, a lot more
> than what I was getting when it was running beta 1.....I click on the crash
> report logo, it brings up the box, which shows what has crashed and where it
> says submit, I click and nothing happens, so I cant submit the crash
> report....then I try the terminal and use ubuntu-bug whatever and it says it
> cant find the crash report.....something has broken since the
> reinstall.......anybody have any ideas how I can get the crash report
> working again.......

I think it is submitting the report but doing so anonymously and not
giving you the chance to see the bug report.  I may be wrong here,
someone will correct me if so.

I too find this frustrating, there is no way of knowing what is going
on and tracking a bug report to see when it is going to get fixed.
Also when one was asked to do a bug report one had the option to say
don't ask me about this again for this version of the problem package.
 The result is that I am seeing several of these every day and don't
have any way of finding out more about what is going on.

Colin