[ubuntu-uk] Unity borked on x86_64

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 10:46:02 UTC 2012

On 23/03/12 22:29, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 23/03/12 22:19, Bruno Girin wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I've had Unity completely broken on my laptop for a couple of days
> > [1]. Is it just me? And if yes, does anybody know where to start
> > to try and debug it?
>
> > [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/963454
>

> I (and many others) certainly had some problems with a nasty compiz
> crasher yesterday and this morning. I believe this was ironed out with
> a workaround. Have you updated since about lunchtime today?
>
> I'd certainly hang out in #ubuntu-unity and ask there. However you
> might find more success on Monday. It's been a tough week for the
> Unity/Comiz devs and I wouldn't be surprised if they take the weekend off!

Apparently it's a known issue as my bug as been marked as a duplicate of
this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/963093

So hopefully it will get fixed and there is a workaround in the comments :-)

The Unity/Compiz devs are probably in for another tough week as that
sort of bugs is very difficult to debug and can completely ruin a distro
if it affects enough people.

Cheers,

Bruno