[ubuntu-uk] Introducing Ubuntu & Unity to new people

Stuart Ward stuart.ward at bcs.org
Sun Mar 11 15:44:26 UTC 2012

I would ask them what their field of expertise was, and then search
for applications in the software centre arround that subject

The other thing I would show is my current time since boot. Usually a
couple of weeks, and the suspend resume time (and perhaps the boot
time)

Next I would start to explain about the difference between free (no
cost) and the 4 freedoms, and how that translates into better programs
and better security. This is the very important but hard thing to
understand.

Stuart

-- Stuart Ward M +44 7782325143