[ubuntu-uk] dig out your old computers...

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 4 20:18:15 UTC 2012

grep pae /proc/cpuinfo
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up ts

The above output shows a CPU that does have PAE support. If the command
returns nothing, then the CPU does not have PAE support.

For G3, could you try both, we only have one tester with a G3 and he has
not had any success as yet. ppc discussions are also carried out at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1918246 which will keep you up to
date with things that effect "General" ppc systems so as we can determine
which are lubuntu specific.

The lubuntu wiki area on testing is at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

Regards,