[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu in india

Andres Muniz andresmp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:14:13 UTC 2012

----- Mensaje original -----

> Hi Stuart,
>
> Whilst it's a bummer that they don't make every device available with
> every OS combination...
>
> On 27/06/12 16:09, Stuart Ward wrote:
> > emailing, web browsing, home use etc, 15:46:24          Agent
> > Naresh_Takemalla I can get you a quote done for a latitude laptop
> > with out OS.
>
> ^^ that is excellent news. You just chat to the guy and he says "Yes,
> we can do a laptop with no OS". I mean, no good for end users who
> don't like installing OSs, but for someone such as yourself, should be
> a doddle. I commend them for offering that option!
>
> > 15:46:42          Agent      Naresh_Takemalla Would you prefer 15.6 inch or
> > 14.1 inch screen size laptop? 15:46:42          Customer      Stuart I was
> > directed to dell because they are supposed to support Ubuntu
> > now.... that doesn't sound like support.
>
> Was that how you left the conversation?
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Alan Pope
> Engineering Manager

****cutting out mozilla private key***

Agreed I ended a similar conversation with an adobe support requesting them to write down feedback (i wanted photoshop). Same with virgin media (wanted their free programs). I would think it is better to end in a positive tone. "Ok thanks, I'll think about it, can I provide feedback?" Might go down a black hole but it is recorded.

Other than that, agreed, having no OS is great! You can then get home support for less than £100 a year from canonical (as I recall). That is around the same price as renewing your antivirus every year with windows. Though i have heard w7 and w8 have there essential antivirus bundled in or do not need antivirus any more?
Plus Hardware should still have the 1 year warranty? Not the best news but good news! Thanks for sharing the chat!

Omgubuntu claim there is an asus netbook around. That seems promising as well. Thinkpinguin.com and system76 are still top of my list when i buy a new laptop.