[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu in india

Andres Muniz andresmp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:09:49 UTC 2012

----- Mensaje original -----
> Having been somebody who bought an Acer Aspire One linux installed
> computer from pcworld, the kernal installed was Linux Lite, and the guy

got one of those! I used the linpus os for a while. (Fedora derivative?) It was the quickest boot I  had ever seen and have seen since! I changed to ubuntu netbook edition because of the  extra (easy to install) functionallity brought by softwarecentre.

> told me, they had had almost all the linux laptops returned, biggest
> reasons, couldnt get it to connect to the internet, no support from
> ISPs, cant update/use apple products, same with Android
> product.....which is why stopped selling them. Acer Aspire also refused
> to support anybody who installed any other kernel during the warranty
> period.......
>
> Nowadays, people will be reluctant to use a computer they cant use their
> apple products with.....

i thought that the only thing that does not work is itunes. And drm books and drm videos.
New versions of iDevices seem to update without connecting to a computer. Or so i was told. A collegue claims to only plug to computer to charge. She hates itunes.