[ubuntu-uk] Tomboy alternative

scoundrel50a scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:58:44 UTC 2012

On 05/01/12 12:23, Simon Greenwood wrote:

> On 5 January 2012 12:08, John MM <scoundrel50a at gmail.com
> <mailto:scoundrel50a at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just wondered, is there an alternative, that can be used on ask
>     platforms?
>

> Etherpad is sort of similar but doesn't use the sticky note paradigm,
> or you might want something like Evernote or Catch. Catch doesn't have
> a supported Linux app but I've found it to be better as a mobile note
> taker.
>

> s/
>

> Twitter: @sfgreenwood
> "post-apocalyptic allen keys"

Oh, I have evernote but never seem to even look at it, and never thought
to try use it as a note taker, Tried looking for catch, but couldnt find
anything, found loads of other interesting things for that word
though......not seen Etherpad either.....I liked Tobboy, as I could keep
a copy on Ubuntu One, but that is not an option anymore, from what I
read.....pity that......