[ubuntu-uk] Libreoffice pdf import extension .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sat Aug 18 14:52:24 UTC 2012

Hi there .....   I downloaded and ran a pdf import extension called
oracle-pdfimport.  It has completely clobbered all of Libreoffice
running under Quantal.  I guess it was intended for OpenOffice. I've
tried completely removing all of Libreoffice and re-installing, but get
no success.  If I run from the commandline, I get this:
barry at quantal:~$ libreoffice --writer %U
UNO Exception: InvalidRegistryException:
file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/program/../share/extensions/pdfimport/components.rdb:
duplicate <implementation
name="com.sun.star.comp.documents.HybridPDFImport">
'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'

This is strange as there is no longer a /usr/lib/libreoffice/
directory.  Any thoughts?  Or should I cut my losses and re-install Quantal?

Kind regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/