[ubuntu-uk] Open Source Schools Project - literacy

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Wed Sep 21 12:12:12 UTC 2011

On 21/09/11 12:19, Sarah Chard wrote:
> Hi
>
> feedback from teachers from the first school we visited as a part of
> our OSSP is that they really need good quality programs that address
> literacy  not just letters and spelling but grammar, punctuation and
> sentence construction
>
> any thoughts?
>

> Sarah

At this rate we won't need teachers or schools as kids will be able to
sit at home and learn,  to me there is no substitute for a teacher

look at the following.

I parked the car over their.
I am going to there house for lunch on Sunday.

Libre office in 11.04 is fine with the above,

We need contextual grammar checking which is far harder,  and probably
even harder when you have to deal with the English language and its
rules and the odd exception where that rule does not apply.

Paul