[ubuntu-uk] Feeling tortured by Ubuntu

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:49:40 UTC 2011

Hello, I use Ubuntu in the workplace, I am having a problem with it at
the moment that is beginning to drive me a bit mad.

I have upgraded to the latest version this week, and I am seeing
graphical artefacts every so often, which is new, but they do go away
after I have logged in. The worst problem I am having, is after around
6-10 hours of use, the system begins to run slowly, and by that I mean
the interface becomes a lot less responsive, etc.

I have tried downgrading and upgrading my Nvidia 9600GT card's drivers
and it has had little effect.

This is denting my productivity now and I was wondering if anyone had
a solution to the problem I am experiencing?

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.
 www.krisd.eu